Legal Question in Elder Law in California

Our grandson, on drugs and has stolen everything of value to us, and has been living with us since getting out of jail in November. We don't want him here but we can't get him to leave. He has mental issues and can be violent. My wife and I are 74 and 76 respectfully, have adopted our grandson's daughter, our great-granddaughter. How do we get rid of him????? We can't afford to support him the rest of his life. HELP!!!!!!!!

Asked on 2/14/12, 6:23 pm

6 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Contact the police immediately. Go promptly to Superior court to obtain a restraining order against him.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/12, 7:00 pm

Joel Selik

Mr. Nelson is exactly right.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/12, 8:01 pm
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Offer rehab and help him get clean; if he refuses do as Mr. Nelson suggested.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/12, 11:27 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Ignore Mr. Tashjian. This is WAY beyond that if he has stolen everything from you. You are victims of criminal elder abuse. Once you have nothing more for him to take, you are in danger, because you are nothing but potential criminal witnesses against him at that point. Call 1-877-565-2020 IMMEDIATELY. That is a 24-hour hotline directly to San Bernardino County's office of Adult Protective Services. They will help you. Call them NOW!!!! Their website is at: Don't wait.

Read more
Answered on 2/15/12, 1:02 am
Rosemary Meagher-Leonard Law Office of Rosemary Meagher-Leonard

Please do exactly as Mr. McCormick and Mr. Nelson have advised you. There is help available for you. Please call Adult Protective Services right now!

Read more
Answered on 2/15/12, 6:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California