Legal Question in Banking Law in India

Hello i am from india i have saving bank account in oriental bank of commerce bank was freeze my bank account without any notice i will ask why you freeze he will tell me we dont know i have 3 lac around my bank account how can i reopen my account

Asked on 5/12/13, 4:47 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should first meet the Branch Manager with an application asking the reason why your Savings A/c has been freezed and that you should be allowed to operate it immediately. If you do not receive a suitable reply, you should meet the Regional Manager of the bank and complain.


Read more
Answered on 5/12/13, 4:56 am
Pravin Vaidya Independent
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Shri R.K.Nanda. Please approach banking ombudsman of your area

Read more
Answered on 5/12/13, 11:15 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

by the intervention of court.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 6:13 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

May be you have not complied with KYC norms, contact the Branch personally, you may find solution.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 7:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now