India  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/13, 3:25 am and my husband are separated ....without informing anyone he left the country to USA.i am a green card holder and my son is us citizen..but he took away my passport,green card and my son's passport..i don't know what to do.i want to return to USA to divorce him..please advice what i have to do...Very thanks....

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/29/13, 10:25 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Madam,

This divorce business is really dicey ... whenever you find it convenient, you stay together ... whenever you find it inconvenient, you say you've separated ... in the bargain, the child becomes a bundle of confusion ... and does not know whom he should look up to.

Yours is a typical case of : "Tum sher, toh hum savaa sher." There's nothing you can do now ... there's no way you nor your son can return to USA without having your Passport. A compromise and settlement with your husband is advisable and recommended.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search