Legal Question in Construction Law in India

can a registered company having powers under memorandum of association to cultivate a land,purchase the agricultural land in maharashtra,india?Does it require any prior permission from Collector?

Asked on 9/17/13, 5:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

YES. The Company can purchase land for cultivation as provided in the Memorandum & Articles of Association. Only if it is collector's land, is the prior permission of the Collector required to be obtained by the seller for its sale to the Company.


Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Construction Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now