Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Hi Sir,

Can a person who was charge-sheeted in SC/ST act and some other small acts by police for a property fight and was arrested and then let go in Bail can apply for IAS examinations in India? The matter is still sub-judice in lower court and not opened for a hearing from past 10 years.

Please guide.

Thank you,

Asked on 7/17/13, 10:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A person facing criminal trial [known as "under-trial] is entitled to appear in competitive exams and also apply for government job.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 3:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now