India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/14/13, 7:15 am

Hello Sir,

I am facing constant harassment from

in-laws and wife since the day of my

marriage. They are creating new

issues every month to harass me and

my family.

1. My wife is not ready to stay at my

home and always insist me to leave

separately from my family.

2. Her mother & father controls her &

she says she will not stay with my

parents and are now demanding a

new flat from my mother to stay


3. She Conduct misbehavior against

me i.e., insisting for the separate

residence, mentally torture and

disrespectful behavior towards

husband and in-laws as well.

4. No privacy since the day of


5. She always threaten me that she

will filed case against me & my family

for dowry. She also threaten to

commit suicide.

6. Pick up silly quarrel for all

things .their demand is

a. Donít ask where my daughter is

b. No asking with whom she is and

when she is coming to house.

c. No asking what she does and how

she lives.

7. Also they have threatened that they

will marry her to a different person.

8. They threaten to screw up my

sisters marriage also. They also used

bad words against my mother & sister

in front of society.

9. On top of this my wife is not

listening to the advice which well

wishers give. Being a son , its my duty

to take care of ailing parents. They

want that to be avoided.

I have been mentally tortured very

much & down and i have lost will to

survive. I need some advice to make

sure that i lead a happy life.

India | 400612 | Criminal Law

7/14/13, 1:35 am

Answer (1 of 1)

Sorry to learn your problem. At this

point of time, you may consider

accepting your wife's demand and try

to make a separate home. Litigation

may be costly and time consuming

with uncertain results.

Thanks for reply. But she has filed a false complaint that my family and I, trying to burnt her. Now she wants divorce. If i didnt give her, they are telling me that they will kill me. So please advise what step should i take.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search