India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/02/09, 7:17 am

Regarding withdrawal of case 498a

Respected Sir

Sir my brother got married in 2004 and has two sons, he is in UK, from time of marriage his wife is been demanding money, she never shifted to her husband she is with her mother since her marriage and my brother is been visiting her every year in vacation of 60 days. out of wedelock they have two sons. last year she demnanded 5 lakh when refused after he left to uk she lodged 498a last july. we got bail and charge sheet also been submitted to court by women police, it is jst replicate of fir. now she want to withdraw the case so her herself & her advocate contacted us to callup my brother for withdrawal of case. they say his presence is essential for withdrawal. please help us we dont trust her anymore coz we are scared she may book other cases on his arrival.

please let me know weather my brothers presence is essential for withdrawal of cases . can she withdraw case by herself or not. my brother is not ready to visit india till she withdraw the case. and she says till he comes she cannot withdraw the case.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search