Legal Question in Family Law in Philippines

Hi Attorney, I am Shine. My brother is now having a problem with his wife and the wife's family. They filed a case in the POEA holding him from going back to work as a seaman. The case was child abandonment. The root cause to this problem is my cousin found out that the child isn't his child. There are many reliable people who informed him that there is another man who kept visiting his wife while he was on-board and claiming that the child was that guy's son. Even before when the child was born, he was already doubting if it's really his because of the months that the baby was conceived and born didn't fit the time when they had intimate relationship. When the girl got pregnant, the girl's family forced him to marry their daughter and sister. They forced him to marry the girl or else he would not be able to go abroad. Is there anything we can do for this matter? We are aware that there is a law that protects the abandoned child and woman but I think my cousin's case is different. Kindly give us some advice. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Asked on 6/24/13, 3:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ask your cousin to have the DNA testing of the child.This is to test the paternity.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 3:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Philippines

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now