Legal Question in Family Law in India

my mother is passed away and she have a house in her name.she has a two son ,two daughter,and a husband.i want to the share of two son ,two daughter and of husband in a house according to sunni muslim law in india?

Asked on 5/15/13, 2:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Client,

The law governing Muslims and Muslim women in India is under " The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937". In light of Quran, the Muslim women has full right to inheritance. The Quran emphasizes on four core values i.e Insaaf (justice), ehsaan (favor), rehem (compassion) and Ilma (wisdom). If we all follow all these core values then the women will get their rights automatically and there would be no chaos. It is a fact that Quran has provided independence and right to women in all aspects. It clearly talks of daughter’s right to 1/3rd property irrespective of being movable or immovable and agricultural land is not an exception. (Source: gratefully acknowledged).

Please contact me for any clarification.



Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 2:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now