Legal Question in Family Law in India

my mother is passed away and she have a house in her name.she has a two son ,two daughter,and a husband.i want to the share of two son ,two daughter and of husband in a house according to sunni muslim law in india?

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group

Dear Client,

The law governing Muslims and Muslim women in India is under " The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937". In light of Quran, the Muslim women has full right to inheritance. The Quran emphasizes on four core values i.e Insaaf (justice), ehsaan (favor), rehem (compassion) and Ilma (wisdom). If we all follow all these core values then the women will get their rights automatically and there would be no chaos. It is a fact that Quran has provided independence and right to women in all aspects. It clearly talks of daughter’s right to 1/3rd property irrespective of being movable or immovable and agricultural land is not an exception. (Source: gratefully acknowledged).

Please contact me for any clarification.

Regards,

MUKESH RALHAN, ADVOCATE

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India