Legal Question in Family Law in India

Sirs,

My daughter got married in Bengaluru in April 2013. The boy's step mother has tortured us on so many issues since engagement in November 2012. The boy is very good and daughter is happy with him. Both are staying in the ground floor of the house, which is in sole name of the father of the boy. Now, the step mother is trying to get them vacated on so many reasons and raising quarrels on flimsy grounds since the father and step mother stay in the first floor of the house. Their complaint against my daughter and the boy to the police has bounced on them and they have been warned by the police to keep away from the children.

Kindly advise (i) whether the boy's father can get them vacated from the ground floor of the house legally since the house is self earned by him, though the boy's deceased mother sold her jewels and her father helped this man who was very poor to come up in life (2)whether the house property can go to the step mother of the boy who has no children and a medical case (3) whether we can file any case against the boy's father for the share in the property (4) what if the children refuse to vacate the house (5) can my daughter file any case against the boy's father and step mother against the mental torture, abuses and threat to vacate the house? which Govt Agency help we can take to get the house noted under dispute and not for sale since the boy's step mother may force to sell the house and move out to buy another property for her and desert the newly weds.

regards,

akr

Adv Meenal Kashyap Advocate and Legal Consultant

1. Your Daughter can file case against domestic violence.

2. Her father-in-law can give way his self earned property as per his wish.

For further query contact:

Meenal Kashyap

Advocate & Legal Consultant

adv.mklegal@gmail.com

9873400403

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rajiv-chandhok/33/7b7/82

I agree with Meenal, but if the son has been a resident in the house, being in undisturbed possession since more than past 12 years, he is owner by adverse possession. To know us better, please click on the links below:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rajiv-chandhok/33/7b7/82

http://www.lawguru.com/answers/atty_profile/view_attorney_profile/username#more_info

JSR/71013

Lovkesh Gupta KAN MAN Law Firm

file application under domestic violence Act

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India