Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

I am an cashier at a show room,daily cash is deposited in bank and the evening cash with the head cashier,but on 17/4/2013 i hae deposited 48350/= rs with the cashier but he says its rs 38000/- the md o the showroom are asking me to pay the money --what do i do now---please help me

Asked on 8/31/13, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You ought to have ensured that the Head Cashier actually counts the entire cash in your presence and signs the Cash handover slip, gives you one copy and retains one copy with him. If that procedure is not prevalent, you should tell your MD the correct procedure which should have been set up and put into practice by Accounts, and that for the lapse, the shortage of cash should be equally shared by you and the Head Cashier so that both of you are careful in future. If you do not have proper accounting control systems in place, you should tell your MD to engage our services to conduct a process review in the Company.


Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now