India  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/13, 8:04 am

I was a contractor providing labour to a comany and so also to other companies,but mainly to this company.Because of no work I retrenched all my workmen aprox 30 workmen.Then after a year the company also closed its operations and retrenched their workmen in that establishment.The union made out a case in I D chapter V B and the court ruled in favour of union.Now who is liable to pay back wages? I cannot take the burden of back wages of my 30 retrenched employees.What should be my stratagy?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search