India  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I AM WORKING FOR AN PSU AND TAKEN THIRD PARTY LEASE IN GURGAON. I HAVE SUBMITTED THE REGISTRY OF THE HOUSE TO MY COMPANY. THE REGISTRY BEARS THE NAME OF THE OWNER IN WHOSE NAME LEASE HAS BEEN SANCTIONED BY THE COMPANY AND NAME OF THE OWNERS'S SON (JOINT PRoperty). CAN THE LEASE BE CONTINUED IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AFTER HIS DEMISE? THE FATHER WAS A RETIRED PERSON AND HENCE DREW VERY LESS TAX ON HIS INCOME FROM THE COMPANY LEASE. NOW THE SON SAYS HE WANTS TO TRANSFER THE LEASE IN THE NAME OF HIS MOTHER WITHOUT FURNISHING ANY FURTHER DOCUMENT LINKING THE OWNERSHIP OF THE HOUSE TO THE MOTHER? IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Answered on: 5/03/13, 2:19 am by Jayesh Desai

He can gift - it is his property any way. He can get his father's name replaced in title to his mothers.

Jayesh Desai 609 Dalamal Towers Free Press Journal Marg Nariman point Mumbai, 400021