Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

I want to make a will of my agricultural land in the name of my daughter in laws,wives of two of my sons,land is located in Uttar pradesh.My sons have land beyond which they cant hold as natural successors as my inheritor under land ceiling act in UP.Will it be valid if I make will in favor of my daughter in laws?Can will be made out of the state for land transfer or it should be made in the same state and district where the land is located?Does land laws of UP have anything special under the law for such transfers?If I make a will out of state how the authorities in UP shall be in know?What formalities and information's should be mentioned in the will and where should it be registered?Please answer me in detail.

Asked on 8/26/13, 3:21 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

I think I've already answered your question earlier, but for brevity, I'll answer it again.

Yes, you can make a Will of your agricultural land in the name of your daughter-in-law. No, a Will can be made by you anywhere in India wherever you are based or located. The authorities in UP will come to know when your legal heirs apply for a Probate on your Will in the Court. A Will need not be registered. To be valid, it has to bear your signature along with the signature, name and address of two witnesses who sign the Will attesting that you have signed the Will in their presence. Your signed Will should be given in the safe custody of the Executor of your Will that you have named in the Will.


Read more
Answered on 8/26/13, 8:37 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client...........

For details contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/26/13, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now