India  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 7:16 pm

I have a plot in Patna which I bought from my brother 17 years ago, by giving full money. Only mistake I did that I didn't get my plot registered on my name, but I have original papers of plot. Now my brother is refusing to give me that plot. What should I do. Can there be any case in my favor.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/25/13, 7:45 pm by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Sir / Madam,

There are no other papers that you can have in original, other than the original Agreement for Sale between you and your brother. It was important that you got the plot of land registered in your name at the time when you purchased it by payment of the appropriate Stamp Duty prevalent at the time of purchase. Now you should approach the Registrar with the original Agreement for Sale, pay the Stamp Duty and get the plot of land registered in your name.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search