Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

sir, we have a huge go- down since last 30 yrs which we are using partly to store govt supplied kerosene to distribute to the kerosene dealers and partly the go-down is used to store cement. Now the same go-down is claimed by the muslim trust of the area. It has been found that the property was actually recorded on the custodians (four brothers)of the muslim- trust. Two brothers sold their portion of the property to a hindu person. His son sold the property (that time the property was only as a pond) to us. We have made it a business property over the years. But now the muslim trust claims that we have to leave thgis property as it was actually on their name. pls suggest what can we do at this time. We are also heavily dependent on this business.

Asked on 9/10/13, 8:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should get a "Search Report" of the property dating back 100 years done and act accordingly.


Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 9:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now