Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India


I am vatndar of mahar vatan in my village, till 1901 my grand father is the only vatandar in vatan paper , but after 1912 there is 3 more name added with my grandfather they also mahar, but not vatandar, now today I come to know that alomost 90% vatan grabed by this iligal vatandar, how to gate back this land, pl. advise me.

Asked on 6/21/13, 8:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should reassess your grandfather's wish (although I know it is difficult to comprehend now what must have taken place in the past from 1901-1912) because it may be that the 3 vatans were added to the vatandar with your grandfather's (aajoba kivaa panjoba) unconditional consent. Taking the other 3 vatans into confidence, you should rework equal 1/4th area of the total land to each vatan in your community.


Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 8:44 am
Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Approaching authorities under the Watan Act as well as Civil Court with title suit may be considered.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 9:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now