Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

My father is not alive. We are two brothers and two sisters. My mother is alive. There is no will of my father. Will the agreement of family partition of cash earned by my father and property bought by my father with my sign, my brother's signature and my mother's signature be regarded legal and accepted in court ? there is no sign of witnesses. Agreement is hand written on a simple paper and not registered. Can I reject the agreement legally ?

Asked on 11/15/13, 6:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sisters also have to be party to any family settlement of partition of properties, moveable or immoveables, left by deceased father.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now