Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Alabama

I have been trying to sell my mobile home for over a year now and haven't had anyone interested yet. I'm really wanting to go get an apartment and leave the mobile home where it is, and let it get repossessed cause of how much I'm paying for the note and lot rent. my lease contract was up 6 months ago and they have not renewed it. I was wondering what it would take to get out of my loan and mobile home? maybe with repossession and/or bankruptcy?

Asked on 1/28/13, 12:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Patterson Underwood & Reimer, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A chapter 7 bankruptcy would certainly allow you to discharge your unsecured and secured debts (secured being the mobile home). This would stop any collection calls, harassment from creditors and keep your bank account or pay check from being garnished. So, if you need additional information, feel free to contact my office to discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/13, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88963 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now