Legal Question in Business Law in Alabama

I recently recived a response for a mystery shopper. The company wants us to survey Walmart and Western Union. They are giving us 980. 710 to Be sent as A Western Union transfer to another shopper 50 to be spent at Walmart. 200 weekly salary to be deposited in the bank. This sounds crooked. The other Mystery Shopper is from the Phillipines. I live in Alabama. Is this a crooked company,

Nancy Delain Delain Law Office, PLLC

I'd go with the old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it is."

Whether this particular company is "crooked" or not I cannot know. I do know that there are LOTS of mystery shopping opportunities available, many of which are really very reputable, but they don't usually pay in the $1000 range for someone to evaluate WalMart (WalMart evaluations tend to pay in the $10-100 range, I believe). Payment through this nutty setup you describe is weird, too; reputable secret shopping providers just send a check to the shopper.

DON'T respond to any unsolicited email with your personal information, including especially banking information!!!!!!! You don't know whether this is an identity theft scam or not; why run the risk?

THIS POST CONTAINS GENERAL INFORMATION AND IS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, NOR DOES IT CREATE ANY ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. FOR LEGAL ADVICE ON YOUR PARTICULAR MATTER, CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY.

More Business Law questions and answers in Alabama

Business Law Legal Forms