Alabama  |  Technology Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/26/12, 9:34 am

My brother's ex-wife took out an online loan and listed my mother as a "co-signer" without her knowledge or authorization. My mother knew nothing about the loan until she was contacted by a collection agency trying to collect on the loan. Is my mother legally responsible for the loan? Should she file fraud (or other) charges against the ex-in-law?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search