Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Alabama

I have a judgment against a person who changed all of his real estate into his wife's name with a quick claim deed after my judgment was recorded. What can I do?

Asked on 3/31/10, 10:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Coleman Murchison & Howard, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can go to court and attempt to seize the property. The Quit Claim Deed in that instance would be a transfer that is fradulent. Also, if you recorded your judgment first, you can go after the wife in any event. I see that you are in Foley. This will take a lawsuit to cure. I'd be glad to speak with you concerning this matter.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/10, 1:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now