Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

Can you sue a lawyer for taking your money and not doing the job? They took the money then left town, yes, packed up and moved without telling me. I found out by someone else that they moved to another state. I kept calling them, they never returned my calls to this day and still haven't. They haven't told me that they have moved yet. What do you think I should do.

Judson Crump Judson E. Crump, Attorney at Law

Absolutely. If you ordered a vacuum cleaner by telephone and the store you bought it from packed up and left overnight, you would not think twice about suing them for a refund. Attorneys don't get special treatment. You can sue him. I would advise writing a letter first, though, to send them something in writing and put them on notice. Keep a photocopy of whatever you send.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA