Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/28/13, 1:10 pm

I have an 18 month old niece her mom is a single parent. Her mom drinks and gets drunk almost everyday. She jusy got arrested with her forth DUI. She says if she goes to jail she was giving temperary custody to a friend and not family. I want the baby. Can she do that? What can I do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/29/13, 9:10 am by Jennifer Tompkins

You need to file a petition in juvenile court based on dependency in the county that your niece lives. Family does have priority but timing is essential.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Stewart Littell Courson and Tompkins LLC 3184 Parliament Circle, Suite 204 Montgomery, AL 36116

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search