Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Can a 3yr old child be taken from a great household with her own bedroom and a parent who wants her there and takes good care of her to live in a household where 4 other adults live and only 2 bed in the whole house when the parents are still married and no legal documents say that she can't stay at her own house?

Asked on 7/30/11, 10:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That does not sound like the whole story. Whose child is it, who has legal custody and is there a DHR order in place? If there is no custody order in place between the parents and they are separated, then someone needs to go file a divorce action and ask for custody if the parents can not agree on it.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/11, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now