Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/02/00, 9:12 am

Child support modification stop back payments

I am the non-custodial parent with a child support obligation of $240 monthly. At the begiining of the 99-00 school term my ex-wife and I agreed, in writing, and signed by both parents, that the child would live with me through Jan.1,2000. This stay was extended through the school term and into the summer. The custodial parent was to re-pay any child support payed by myself, and monthly SS disabilty payments, received by her through tis time to myself. She did

not make these payments and is now threatening to sue for back child support for the time the child was in my home. I am indigent and therefor can't afford an attorney. What should I do from this point to protect myself and my current household.

Thank you.

Shawn McKearin

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search