Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/21/00, 5:43 pm

Does my Child's father have any rights if he does not appear on the birth Cert.?

My ex-boyfriend lives in Fla. and I have recently moved to Alabama. He does not pay child support and is unwilling to sign a child support agreement. Does he have any rights to see his son if he does not appear on the child's birth certificate? We were never married. He claims it was illegal for me to leave the state with my son, and that he has the right to see his son when he wants. My intent is not to exclude the father from my son's life, but I am tired of feeling like I did something wrong.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search