Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Does my Child's father have any rights if he does not appear on the birth Cert.?

My ex-boyfriend lives in Fla. and I have recently moved to Alabama. He does not pay child support and is unwilling to sign a child support agreement. Does he have any rights to see his son if he does not appear on the child's birth certificate? We were never married. He claims it was illegal for me to leave the state with my son, and that he has the right to see his son when he wants. My intent is not to exclude the father from my son's life, but I am tired of feeling like I did something wrong.

Walter Blocker Walter l. Blocker, III P.C.

Re: Does my Child's father have any rights if he does not appear on the birth Ce

paternity should first be established in family court in alabama. once that is established (by a blood test) then the father by court order will have visitation rights and by court order will have to pay child support. the father of a child in alabama generally has a right to visitation and the custodial parent has the right to receive child support, these rights are determined by a court.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama