Legal Question in Personal Injury in Alabama

I live in Alabama. Yesterday, my grandmother was pushing her shopping cart to her car through the WalMart parking lot. She was struck by a vehicle backing out of a parking space. She initially refused medical treatment and drove herself home. She almost immediately began vomiting and en route to the hospital she lost consciousness. She is now in the neurological ICU under observation. Her recovery is of utmost importance, but in the meantime can anything be done to the person who hit her? I just don't understand how something like this can happen.

Asked on 6/16/12, 10:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Danny Feldman Lewis, Feldman, Lehane & McAtee L.L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is unlikely to be any criminal action that can be taken, however, your grandmother would have a civil claim. If the driver is held to be negligent and your grandmother is not held to be contributorily negligent, then your grandmother would be entitled to be compensated for what she has been through. She would be eligible to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, emotional distress etc. I hope that your grandmother makes a good recovery, but please feel free to contact us if she wishes to make a claim. Thanks.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/12, 10:13 am
Dean Stein Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Securing legal assistance promptly in a case such as your Grandmothers is very

important in protecting her legal rights and making sure proper steps are taken to document what happened, the extent of her injuries and the medical care received. I encourage you to contact me on a no fee consultation basis, if I can be of any assistance. -Dean.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/12, 1:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now