Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I had a one night stand with this girl. She ended up getting pregnant. Her sister claimed she had slept around but I don't know for sure. It has been seven months since the baby was born and since then I have been in his life. She claimed I was the father since she found out she was pregnant. I never signed his birth certificate now here it is he is seven months and after doing my own research on her. I find out she had someone else sign the birth certificate and she went to public assistance to get child support from him. I asked her about it, and she stated "I only put him on there so I didn't have to look for you, that's it". What is the law in Arizona with knowingly putting false information on a birth certificate and asking for public assistance to get child support from that person on the birth certificate?

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

You need to file ith the family court right away, and ask for a paternity test. It may not even be granted however, as there is a possibility paternity has already been adjudicated by the court. There are steps you should immediately tke to preserve your role as a parent (or potentially not). We offer free consultations should you have additional questions. 623-748-8973

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona