Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

My father passed away last year, my mother is in stage 4 kidney failure now. My sister passed away many years ago but has 4 children. If my mother passes away, I have no problem sharing what is left with the children, but two of them have had nothing to do with her in 2 years. Do the shares have to be equal, my mother does not have a will and told me she is fine with whatever I decide to do, but I don't want to be sued in the future over this.

Asked on 12/17/12, 9:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The best protection that you can have would be for your Mother to make a Will, which will determine how her estate is to be distributed and it will protect you against anyone making a complaint.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/12, 3:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now