Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/12/13, 6:41 am

Mother passed in Arizona after living with me for 8 yrs. Named me exec. of her estate and/or personnal rep should her estate need to be filed in probate. It was.

She had home in Texas, was not sold before her death. There are other heirs.

Texas wants an affidavit for Transfer of title before I can sell it. It has to be certified by the Superior Court here. On Arizona's form, it states there is no representitive. How can I have that certified when I AM the personal representitive????? Would appreciate any advise that would be helpful. Thanks

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/12/13, 10:41 am by Frank Waters

The matter in Texas may require speaking with a Texas probate attorney. Affidavits for transfer are typically a small estate proceeding that does not require all the formality of probate. No "representative" is appointed. However, the only way to be the "personal representative" is to file for full probate. You are only the "personal representative" if you are appointed by the probate court, otherwise you are the "executor" of a will, or "successor trustee" of a trust. So it sounds like Texas wants you to file for probate in Arizona, and you may need to contact a probate attorney in your area to do so.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Frank T. Waters, Attorney at Law, PLLC 5635 Highway 95, Suite A Bullhead City, AZ 86426

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search