Legal Question in Family Law in Arkansas

My wife and I own a home and several acres of land jointly. It is our primary residence. Currently we are seeking divorce. I left the state on an extended vacation for a number of months to allow things to cool down. When I returned my wife had allowed my son to move in. He encouraged/instructed her to get a restraining order against me. I have been barred from returning to my home for over a month now. Since then she has moved out of state and left my son at our residence. Today I was served with a restraining order against me by my son. After consulting with my attorney I was informed that even if I am allowed back on my property I will still be legally prohibited because my son is there and that I have no means to have him removed from the property. Can this be true? Can I be legally barred from stepping foot on my property or going to my home because my son, who has a restraining order against me, is there? Is there nothing I can do to have him removed? (NOTE: My son has NO ownership in the property whatsoever.)

Asked on 4/30/13, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ric Orintas Orintas Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you should see your attorney and proceed as he says...

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arkansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now