California  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/18/13, 7:32 pm

My daughter was rear ended at a stop light.

Both cars totaled. Other driver took full responsibility.

His insurance company gave us a fair amount for our vehicle.

However, my daughter has back pain from the accident.

She saw a physician immediately and has been going to a chiropractor for over 2 months.

It has helped, but not cured her back pain.

The other insurance company is pressuring her to settle, to an amount that just covers her out of pocket dr. visits.

I don't want her to be hasty, as she is still in pain and could possibly have some long term back problems.

She is anxious to settle to recoup her out of pocket expenses and feels like she can't afford to keep going to the chiropractor (she is a waitress, and has been missing shifts due to the pain)

What should we do?

Are they obligated to pay her out of pocket medical expenses?

Is this the way the system is supposed to work?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search