Legal Question in Disability Law in California

My landlord violated American Disabilities act in evicting me. Do I first have to file a complaint before I sue and also are there any attorneys willing to do contingency basis..california...

Asked on 2/11/13, 3:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming you can prove the eviction was an actual violation of the ADA, you can immediately file a lawsuit, as no govt claim is required. If you have evidence, documents, witness testimony, etc., that will prove it was discrimination, then feel free to contact me to discuss the facts. BTW: your word alone is not proof, nor is the coincidence that you are 'disabled'. Be prepared to show what else you have.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/13, 6:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now