Legal Question in Disability Law in California

My mother received jury summons and unfortunately failed to send disqualification request. Her jury duty was for 1/7/13. Now, she's not US citizen (she's residential alien) and her English skill is far from perfect. Also, she lives in Kings county for 7 years now (Courthouse is in Fresno county)... This is second or third time she received jury summons since she moved out of Fresno county. Since she responded to previous letters, courthouse should have her information by now, so I don't really understand why they keep sending her jury summons, knowing that she's not US citizen and lives outside of their county... Does she have to worry about some penalty? (letter states something of $1ooo fine) Should she contact courthouse to discuss the situation? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

It's always best to contact the courthouse and get this straightened out. She should not be called for jury duty in Fresno if she lives in Kings County. She should do it as soon as possible so that there might not be any severe consequences for not appearing.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in California