Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

When city agency issues a letter to property owner A stating that adjacent property B has a building code violation and B agreed to abate it.

But B has not abated it for years.

Is there a law that requires the City agency to enforce the code by ordering B to abate the code violation? Thank you.

Asked on 4/19/13, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would think that in most cases of code violations, a city would have the right, but not the obligation, to enforce the code against the owner.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/13, 12:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now