California  |  Administrative Law

New Question:

Does it give a cop probable cause to arrest if they know they are going to write up a report in a manner that that they know the District Attorney will not pick up the case? Meaning they know you will not be prosecuted but want to violate your rights to Freedom anyways, because they can........

Previous question:

How many time does a person have to be arrested for any reason when the DA fails to pick up any charges prior to the cops being considered harassing of the person. I have been arrested 4 times in the prior year, none of the times were any charges picked up. This has happened several other occasions in the past, how many times does it take before i can file against them for putting me in jail when they knew they didn't have a case or just because they could put me in there so they did put me in jail? It seems unfair that they tell another person that got arrested and not charged that they just "feel we needed a time out, not to worry we are going to write up the case in a manner that the DA will not pick up charges against you or her." That fully supports the cops just arresting us because they could and not for valid purposes. Do I have a case against the police in ca. for this?

Previous Attorney Response:

All they need is probable cause to do this. If not then 1 is enough.