California  |  Appeals and Writs

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 8:01 am

I won a small claims case. The other party filed a motion to vacate. The clerk served the person via mail and her husband signed the certified receipt. Is that valid proof of service ?. also the judge served her the minutes informal via clerk because he had to change the court dates 2 times yet she said she never knew about a lawsuit. Her address is the same address listed on the motion to vacate. Was she served by the clerk the first time ? What about the times the judge served her with court date changes?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search