Legal Question in Banking Law in California

I mailed someone a personal check with their name on it for 600 $ and they were supposed to mail me two phones but have not. Is there anything I can do about it or is it my loss because regardless of verbal agreement it was a personal check in their name. I also have their name and address if that makes a diff

Asked on 4/27/13, 1:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It makes no difference how you paid someone. If you paid someone for something and they did not deliver, you can sue them in small claims court if you can find them. Since you know where they are, you can file and serve a small claims action.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/13, 2:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now