Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

i had my court yesterday, but i wanted to keep my car and trustee finalized that i turn it in when i put it as a protected asset to begin with. can i fight this case. i declared BK w/o an attorney.

Asked on 6/26/13, 1:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Asaph Abrams Law Office of Asaph Abrams
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Liquidation (in chapter 7 bankruptcy) is overwhelmingly rare. There may be valid cause to contest the demand for turnover. I'd just need a peek at your petition, so give our office a buzz in the a.m.

This answer (as well as our Web site) by San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney, Asaph Abrams doesnít address all facts & implications of the question; itís general bankruptcy info, not legal advice to be relied upon; it creates no attorney-client relationship; it may be pertinent to CA bankruptcy law only and certain facts may be relevant to the San Diego Bankruptcy Court only; itís independent of other answers. Seek legal counsel before acting on or refraining from bankruptcy- or other legal-action. We represent clients in San Diego, Imperial Valley (El Centro) and Riverside County.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 5:38 pm
Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


There are several reasons as to why the trustee may be seeking turnover:

1, You didn't take the proper exemption.

2. There is insufficient available exemption to cover the car.

3. The lien on the car is unperfected.

4. The car was transferred to a friend or relative prior to the filing.

and others.

I can convert you to a Chapter 13 for no money down, where you keep everything.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 7:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now