Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

TAXES. To discharge old taxes in Central District California, is it sufficient to list IRS in schedule F or am I also required to file an adversary proceeding? If adv proceeding, how do I submit evidence of dischargeability?

Asked on 10/25/13, 11:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I think I may already have had to have a word with you over this, but it may have been someone else.

Taxes for which a return was due within the last three years cannot be discharged for any reason, They belong on schedule E. Taxes older than that are discharged automatically, no adversary proceeding is required are proper.

It makes no difference what district you reside in or even what state. Substantive aspects of bankruptcy is Federal Law.


Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 11:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now