California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/28/13, 9:46 am

A bank said I need something from court saying I had nothing to do with the circumstances that occured from a small claims lawsuit. The case was filed in Vista Ca. M company is near Santa Ana Court in Orange County, CA. My company is in meat wholesale. A restaurant owed us 1040.00 A person who was trying to associate themselves with me and my company, sued the restaurant for non-pay and in court papers said to mail the money to my company. This same person went back into court and filed an ammended claim directing the money to go to him. When the check arrived it was made out to my company. I deposited it in my brand new Wells Fargo business chkg. account after the WF teller said there was no hold on the check. The check didn't clear as I found out from the restaurant this other person who filed the ammended claim told the restaurant to put a stop pmt. on the check and mail the money to him instead. My bank closed my account even though I paid them the amount of the stopped pymt. check. I don't owe the bank any money. WF said I have to clear my name with the court. Where do I go to do this? Thanks!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search