California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/30/13, 2:49 pm

hello. i am a british citizen looking to do limited business coaching (one or two days) with small groups of business owners, in the usa.

am i allowed to do this, as a non-us citizen? or, am i free to do this as part of 'doing business' whilst in the USA for conferences, etc.

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/30/13, 3:13 pm by Bryan Whipple

I suggest you ask a British consular officer ...... given your "90210" postal code, I'd guess you are already in the USA. Probably someone at the GB consulate in L.A. can examine your visa status and advise you on the applicable rules. I suspect that you'll be given the green light to do your business coaching. You might also check with our Internal Revenue Service (on line, perhaps) to determine the threshold amount of earnings that would trigger a duty to file a tax return here.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law P O Box 318 Tomales, CA 94971-0318

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search