California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/03/13, 12:09 pm

If a business in Hawaii that is legally a Nevada-based corporation wants to force an arbitration with a past employee/board member in California, who has jurisdiction? For instance: There is a supposed contract (signed by only one person) that agrees they will do arbitration in Hawaii. Can the Hawaii business force the California ex-employee/board member come to Hawaii to arbitrate?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search