Legal Question in Business Law in California

Hello,

My dad works at a 7-eleven. He gets his pay via a money network card. Today, he tried to withdraw money from his card, but turns out there is a 400$ withdraw limit every 24 hour- not. He withdrew 200$ yesterday, and he was trying to withdraw 400$ today, and happens that the transactions were within the 24 hour period.

And since the transaction was exceeding that limit, it got denied. AND he got charged a fee for a denied transaction.

My question is, is this practice legal? There is a fee for pretty much everything except pos payment and atm money withdrawals, including a monthly maintenance fee and a balance check fee

We didn't voluntarily sign up for the money network card, and we are planning to switch to direct deposit. And I think they also have a balance withdrawal fee as well.

Given that 7-eleven switched to this system for paying their employees, is this legal?

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

I don't think so. If he can't withdraw all of the funds at one time, he has not been paid his full salary and there might be waiting time penalties imposed upon the employer. He should check with the EDD about this practice, which sounds foolhardy.

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Business Law Legal Forms