California  |  Business Law

Hello,

My dad works at a 7-eleven. He gets his pay via a money network card. Today, he tried to withdraw money from his card, but turns out there is a 400$ withdraw limit every 24 hour- not. He withdrew 200$ yesterday, and he was trying to withdraw 400$ today, and happens that the transactions were within the 24 hour period.

And since the transaction was exceeding that limit, it got denied. AND he got charged a fee for a denied transaction.

My question is, is this practice legal? There is a fee for pretty much everything except pos payment and atm money withdrawals, including a monthly maintenance fee and a balance check fee

We didn't voluntarily sign up for the money network card, and we are planning to switch to direct deposit. And I think they also have a balance withdrawal fee as well.

Given that 7-eleven switched to this system for paying their employees, is this legal?