Legal Question in Business Law in California

I want to start an S Corp in California. Does it matter if I file my articles of incorporation as a general stock corp or a close corporation since I am going to elect to become an S corp immediately after filing my articles of incorporation anyways?

Asked on 6/26/13, 10:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Betinol Withrow and Betinol Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Both Gen. Corp or a Close Corp can elect to be an S-Corp, however Gen. Corp and Close Corp have very different requirements. I would recommend that you contact an attorney to help and review your short and long term business goals to decide the best business entity for your situation.



Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now