California  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/01/13, 1:38 am

I am a club goer, have been a club goer for several years at the adult entertainment venues in San Francisco. 4 or 5 years ago, I was banned from Centerfolds. The reason was because the girls were uncomfortable with my friend and I there. But I had nothing to do with it, in my opinion. My friend was a real creepy guy. He obsessed about some girls and wrote about them on the internet. So eventually they hated him and banned him, and banned me and I was guilty by association.

About 6 months ago I went back and attended the same club. After about an hour was escorted out of the building. I didn't do anything at all and didn't talk to anybody. But I guess a friend of the girl pointed me out. I fear going to any of the clubs without getting banned.

Lastly, the last time that I attended, they took pictures of everyone's faces and used ID scanners. The ID scanners can be used to kick people out. I wasn't blacklisted at the time, but fear that I could have been after getting kicked out.

Now that is the situation. But here is my question: I'm concerned that I could be blacklisted at all the ''Deja Vu'' clubs. I'm concerned that my information is stored in their computer or scanner. Is that legal? My other thing I want to ask is if I have a case for discrimination. That is assuming if I wasn't allowed at anymore Dejavu clubs, due to the scanner. They are not discriminating against my race or gender, but I feel that it is a discrimination as a human being. What is the best way to be able to go back to the clubs legally and if my name and driver license is on the list, to have the info off of the list? I feel that all these years I was wronged and I never did anything to deserve banning, other than being guilty by association and scrutinized.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search