California  |  Civil Rights Law

Is there anything that can be done to prevent an individual from posting X-Rated pictures and videos online, in magazines, etc?

Answered on: 6/11/13, 1:43 am by Phillip Wheeler

X-Rated pictures and videos with adults are entirely legal under the 1st Amendment. Now if you own the magazine or if the videos/pictures are of you and you did not consent then you could have a cause of action. But generally, you can't stop websites or magazines from posting videos/pictures (unless minors are involved) unless you are being harmed or defamed somehow.

DISCLAIMER: This is general information only and based upon limited information. Facts that could change the outcome have not been evaluated. This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of a retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com P.O. BOX 665 Morro Bay, CA 93443-0665

Answered on: 6/11/13, 10:09 am by Armen Tashjian

If the subject material depicts you and it was illegally obtained, you can ask for injunction from the court.

Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian 6311 Wilshire Blvd., Second Floor Los Angeles, CA 90048