Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

I need help asap, my brothers car got stolen on saturday night, and it was 100% sure stolen. He left the keys inside while he was getting a laptop and when he realized the car was gone. The police found the car and it was all crashed. while my brother was filing the report, the cop kept accusing him and saying "this is a false report isn't it, you and your buddy crashed the car" and instead of looking for the people who did it, the huntington beach police department is just looking for evidence against my brother, Although he DID NOT crash his own car. He has full coverage so if he had gotten in a accident it would have covered it. The police told me today "the car doesn't look stolen" i asked him what evidence he had and he hesitated... I need help, I have to go in to today to pickup the car with my mom and I need to know what to do or tell them to their false accusations

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Your brother may need a criminal defense attorney, but he certainly likely to need an attorney to assist him in dealing with his insurance company if they challenge the 'theft'. If so, have him contact me.

A little free advice to him and you: exercise the 5th Amendment right to SHUT UP and do NOT talk to police or anyone about the case except with and through an attorney.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms