Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

If you are in someone's home and violent things are done to you, can you sue the homeowner? What are the applicable civil laws?

Asked on 4/26/13, 4:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are injured, you can sue the wrongdoer[s] involved, and you can file criminal charges with the police. IF you are injured with medical damages, which would make a case with some value, and IF the person has sufficient assets and income that could be levied against to collect a judgment if you get one, then filing suit might be practical. If so, feel free to contact me to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/13, 12:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now